incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: PMC report for October 2011
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 20:01:08 GMT
On 12 October 2011 20:51, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Donald Harbison <dpharbison@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 1:28 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

>>> We need someone explicitly building the relationships, becoming someone
>>> that the press will know to ask when they want clarification before they
>>> publish something negative or just plain wrong.
>>>
>>> I will volunteer to tackle this in concert with press@a.o, and Sally
>> Khudairi, VP Publicity, ASF.
>> Now where is that teflon suit?
>> /don
>>

> +1 for Don as press liaison.  I've seen him do good work in this area
> in other organizations.
>
> But shouldn't we raise these roles, the call for volunteers, etc., in
> a new thread?  Right now it is buried in a PMC report thread, which is
> not exactly a topic that attracts much attention.

Yes, this is a good idea. Remember that the lead on any particular
activity is the one doing the work. I would hope that Don's first
activity will be to define a consistent message from AOOo. Once
defined any project member should, in theory, be able to contribute to
ensure the message gets out.

A project like AOOo is likely to need more than just Don at certain times.

Ross