incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Is there an org chart of the previous OOo governance(s)?
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2011 09:18:45 GMT
On Oct 13, 2011 1:19 AM, "Shane Curcuru" <asf@shanecurcuru.org> wrote:

> On 10/12/2011 8:15 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
> ...snip...
>>
>> That's fine, but just understand that you are touching on topics that
>>
>> will be painful to some and could lead this list down paths I don't
>> think we want to go right now.  I really think we want to avoid a
>> discussion of legacy OOo governance.
>>
>> -Rob
>

> Um, OK.  I'm just looking for information here, dude.  It's not like
there's any danger of the PPMC being turned into a council of some kind. 8-P

> I am curious about OOo governance and people, so if anyone has further
information on those subjects they're willing to share, please send them to
me offlist.

> - Shane

+1

There are *people* who are affected by this. Whether someone cares about the
previous organisational structure or not is irrelevant. As a community
project we care about the people.

Starting a discussion from a position of "we don't care" will not help AOOo
become a top level project.

Ross