incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Vulnerability fixed in LibreOffice
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2011 12:40:33 GMT
On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 1:48 PM, Florian Effenberger <
floeff@documentfoundation.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Jürgen Schmidt wrote on 2011-10-06 13:18:
>
>> If a TDF or ASF list is secondary for me but i would volunteer to join
>> this
>> mailing list to help on this topic in the future. But maybe we should try
>> keep the existing and knownsecurityteam@openoffice.**org<knownsecurityteam@openoffice.org>
mailing list and I

>> see no reason why it shouldn't work. I think it is probably more a problem
>> of the people on this list and missing communication. I assume that people
>> on this list have now other priorities and are not so responsive which of
>> course is natural if they have a new job or moved into other projects ...
>>

> from what I understood, we were told that things at Apache are "different".
> IMHO, there is an Apache security list, but only a few selected people can
> be on it, and IMHO they have to be Apache contributors.

a further Apache specific list is independent of the shared and
collaborative list
securityteam@openoffice.org<knownsecurityteam@openoffice.org>where we
want work together. My idea is to simply use the existing
securityteam@openoffice.org <knownsecurityteam@openoffice.org> list for
collaborative work on this topic. LibreOffice has also a separate security
list, right. So i don't see your point here.

> Guess what I think about the fact that the well established communication
> channel is about to vanish...

i don't think so, it is up to us to keep it working. We shouldn't mix the
past (confusing, demotivating) 6 month with the future when things have
settled down and everything is working here. We know that we still have a
lot of things to do but that shouldn't prevent us from working together on
this important security topic.

Juergen