incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Vulnerability fixed in LibreOffice
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 14:55:22 GMT
On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 3:51 PM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:

> On 10 Oct 2011, at 14:31, Rob Weir wrote:
>
> > This are not mutually exclusive options, Simon.
>
> And I have very clearly never argued for an exclusive arrangement, Rob.
> It's you that has, even if now you are attempting to back away from that
> position and blame others.
>

> Back to the actual issue:
>
> * for (A), AOOo clearly needs a private security list. We all agree.
> * for (B), the legacy StarOffice ecosystem clearly needs a shared private
> security list. Seems we all agree on that too.
>
> The former apparently exists. All that's left is to actually agree to a
> technical arrangement that works for the latter. There are two proposals on
> the table. Given the tendency of some to confuse community collaboration
> with Apache project work, I actually think the idea of a list at
> freedesktop.org for (B) makes most sense.

let us check first if we can still use the already established list
securityteam@openoffice.org <knownsecurityteam@openoffice.org> before
seeking for a new name. It's at least not clear for me if we can use it or
not, i will try to clarify this.

freedesktop.org is very Linux centric, isn't it? But the whole word is often
talking about OpenOffice independent of what brand they currently use. And
most of our users are still on a windows system (if we like it or not ;-)).
That means i would prefer to move forward if possible with a shared list
securityteam@openoffice.org <knownsecurityteam@openoffice.org> that is
already known, is related to the product or derivatives and that we can use
for collaborative work on any security issues and the communication between
projects sharing the same code base or at least part of it.

Does it make sense to check first the possibility of using the existing
name?

Juergen