incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] OpenOffice Meetup at ApacheCon?
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 07:17:53 GMT
On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 11:32 PM, Donald Harbison <dpharbison@gmail.com>wrote:

> What is the level of interest to hold an OpenOffice Meetup at ApacheCon? It
> will likely attract interest and participation from other Apache members
> not
> yet familiar with the project. For those that are, it creates the
> opportunity to meet F2F, and set to work on agreed topics.
>
> The Meetups are open to all, with no registration fees incurred. Here's the
> post on them: http://na11.apachecon.com/pages/meetups
>
> There's still time to put this together, and I am willing to volunteer to
> program manage the effort if there is sufficient interest.

good idea, if we can arrange or if it is possible to have a group of people
there. I think it is useful to be present on such events and give the
project some more visibility. It would be also interesting to meet other
people from other projects to think about future collaboration ... There are
many interesting projects under the Apache umbrella that can be useful for
us.

Juergen