incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Draft mailing list notification post
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 20:36:46 GMT
On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 5:57 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> On the wiki here:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Email+Migration+Post
>
> Feel free to make changes directly on the wiki, or suggest them as
> reader with a recitation of migration facts, but instead motivate them
> to take the desired actions.  But since this will be for many the
> first note they officially receive from the PPMC, it should probably
> have some introductory information, and a welcome and invitation to
> get involved (stay involved) with the project.
>
> -Rob

I'll use the note approach.

take this sentence out entirely--most users wont' know or care about the
back-end technology

"As part of the migration to the Apache servers we will be switching from
the SYMPA mailing list manager to ezmlm, which the rest of Apache uses."

the rest reads OK without it.

Take out Note items #1, and #4.

Keep things as simple as possible would be my advice.
Pretty good though. Let's just hope they actually do read the whole thing.

MzK

"This is no social crisis
 Just another tricky day for you."
                 -- "Tricky Day", the Who