incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kazunari Hirano <>
Subject Re: How to handle the native language lists?
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2011 00:33:22 GMT
Hi Rob and all,

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 8:52 AM, Rob Weir <> wrote:
> So these are user lists.  Will we want language-specific translation
> and localization lists at some point?  That is why I thought it would
> make sense to have "user" in the name.  So then in the future we can
> have, e..g., ooo-translate-de, etc., if needed.

You are right!

How about letting them discuss on what kind of native language lists
they would like to have in the future in their general native language
list like ?

May I propose a way to create a native language list?
In general we create a native language list if requested and as requested.
("oo" means an ISO language code)
1. First someone should propose at
2. Once created, in they will
discuss in their language about additional lists for their language.
3. They discuss on names of lists etc. then they propose additional
lists for their language like, and more.

"Let them discuss what they need in their language" the best way, I think.

View raw message