incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: License implications of build-time or test-time dependencies?
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 20:07:11 GMT
On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 12:08 PM, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org> wrote:
> Hmm ...
> We have discussed some of the things that must be replaced but we have not drawn a roadmap
about it beyond the initial migration list. I think we will have to open BZ issues for those.

> The gtk/qt issue is rather critcal: I do not think there is previous history among Apache
projects depending on them but if we cannot consider those "system provided" libraries it
would be a serious setback to an early Apache release.

I would support allowing C/C++ code to link to gtk and/or qt, provided
we don't distribute gtk or qt themselves.  Both are LGPL.  The LGPL is
clear for languages like C, C++.