incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From RGB ES <rgb.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Migration of Forums Recruitment of Operators
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2011 13:15:05 GMT
2011/10/23 Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org>

> My main concern is that we don't have any forum that has no one there
> helping users, removing spam, etc.  When will we know if that is the
> case?

I did not understand that, sorry. Could you explain which your concern is?
And about volunteers, while many voted against the move I did not heard
anyone telling he or she will left the forums because the move is finally
accepted. You may see that as an example that our "meritocracy" is very
"democratic", with volunteers following the decision from the majority...
Many volunteers will not apply to commiter status (and this maybe will raise
some questions about current and future admins) and are not interested on
being part of the PPMC, but AFAIK all of us will continue doing what we
always did: help users.

Cheers
Ricardo