incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From RGB ES <rgb.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hello
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 10:26:11 GMT
2011/10/17 Nelson Marques <nmo.marques@gmail.com>

> Hi all,
>
> My name is Nelson and I'm a long time user of OpenOffice and OpenSUSE
> user. I've noticed that the openSUSE repositories are "abandoned" for
> the last 12 months, and I'm planning to explore the possibility of
> packaging it and deliver (if such is possible for a single soul with
> scarce time).
>
> I'm not sure on how it will be accepted, but I would assume a
> contribution like this would be welcomed by openSUSE (I don't
> represent openSUSE in any way). My main motivations are strong. I
> won't be contributing with code to Apache OpenOffice.org, unless it's
> something related with packaging. I've never peeked at the sources
> before, maybe now it's a good time to check how build this.
>
> Is this the right place to hang around ?
>
> With love from Portugal,
> Nelson Marques

Great! IMHO, a repository with a vanilla OOo build will be just perfect!
openSUSE's build service(1) permits to build packages not only for openSUSE,
but also for fedora, debian, ubuntu and others.
Be aware that there are switches that disable copyleft parts like gstreamer
backend and hunspell: for a user oriented build maybe is good idea to enable
them... ;)
Cheers
Ricardo
(1) https://build.opensuse.org/