incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: Neutral / shared security list ...
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 22:18:38 GMT
On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 12:04 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

> Agreed. We need to pick a neutral domain name. office-security.org is
> apparently free.
>
> Some institution needs to buy domain registration. I've been the volunteer
> registrar for a social groups domain, it is a pain to transition. This needs
> to be an institution, it could be Team OOo?

I think they are too close to the matter.  SPI exists specifically to hold
assets in trust - perhaps they would hold the registration for us all?  If
we agree I'd be happy to volunteer to contact them.

It's also possible we could ask OSI to do it - Jim Jagielski and I are both
on the Board at present.

--
Simon Phipps
+1 415 683 7660 : www.webmink.com