incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: [proposal] Neutral / shared security list ...
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 20:26:07 GMT
On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 5:15 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 10:48 AM, Shane Curcuru <asf@shanecurcuru.org>
> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > In any case, these subjects are getting off topic for ooo-dev@, so we
> should
> > let the AOOo PPMC here figure out how it's going to publicize ways to
> report
> > security concerns to it.
> >

> In parallel, it might be good for the TDF/LO members to take a week or
> so, and have a discussion on their own mailing list about how they
> could better collaborate with AOOo.

Gents, that's all worthy talk, but the subject at hand is how best to have
the legacy StarOffice meta-community co-ordinate on security issues in a way
complementary to the projects' own security mechanisms given the loss of
trust resulting from an earlier discussion around AOOo stewardship of the
existing mailing list.

Dave pieced together a workable solution, using input from a variety of
people, and has been leaving the subject open for about 24 hours for
discussion seeking further constructive input. There has been nothing new
that I've seen, and I hope he will now post a [Vote] thread for what he sees
as the most likely consensus conclusion.

S.