incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: working on a OpenOffice roadmap
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 10:28:28 GMT
On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 8:20 PM, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org> wrote:

> If libreoffice encourages, but not requires, AL2
> for stuff in the core package, that would be a huge
> advance to get a bit nearer both camps.

Given licenses are the expression of the ethos of a community, it's
disingenuous and divisive to assume any community will drop its governance
approach like this, Pedro. It translates as "the path to collaboration is
your surrender; we can negotiate once you've done that".  You make it sound
so innocent, too, by missing out the other requirement that Apache would
have for contributors to sign an ICLA and thus join Apache :-)

S.