incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: Neutral / shared security list ...
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 15:28:50 GMT
On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 4:16 PM, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org> wrote:

>  -1
> The Apache Foundation *IS* neutral.
> Beyond the evident open wounds the previous relationship with SUN/Oracle
> may have left in the community, the OpenOffice.org domain is the natural
> reference for longtime users and the developers of the many forks.

I agree, but the problem is one not of the neutrality of the trademark owner
but rather the practical neutrality of the administration of the shared
list.  Is the project happy for the list administration to be shared with
others outside Apache?

If so (and if it actually happened!) I would share your vote and re-iterate
my earlier proposal that securityteam@openoffice.org be used.

S.