incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jagunet.com>
Subject Re: Foundation blog posting on Apache OOo
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 17:12:32 GMT

On Oct 14, 2011, at 12:58 PM, Simon Phipps wrote:

> On Oct 14, 2011 6:22 PM, "Jim Jagielski" <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
> >
> > If LibreOffice, as an entity, or people "behind" or "involved"
> > with LO are guilty of the above, then of course the PR applies
> > to them. If innocent, then of course it does not.
>
> I'm not sure that response is going to create much goodwill if I relay it.
>
> I read the release as being a response to the publicity created by Team OpenOffice, but
since they are not mentioned in it and LibreOffice is (in words spookily reminiscent of Oracle
wishing TDF every success for the future a year ago), people are reading it as aimed at them.
So to be clear, is the intent here to address Team OpenOffice?

The intent is address anyone and everyone who is creating the FUD.

Was the Team OpenOffice PR the straw the broke the camel's back?
Pretty much, yeah. Are they the only "guilty" party? Hardly.
Are we pointing fingers at who are? Nope, they know who they are
themselves without us doing it for them.