incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: Vulnerability fixed in LibreOffice
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2011 15:31:03 GMT

On 6 Oct 2011, at 16:07, Shane Curcuru wrote:

> I think we've completely lost sight of "B", a place where Apache OpenOffice PPMC members
and trusted others of related projects can work together.  Given the interrelationships of
code between OpenOffice and LibreOffice and others, I would definitely vote to use or host
an officesecurity@somedomain private list where *any* existing members of an OOo related security
team would all be allowed to subscribe and work on issues in conjunction.

> Personally, I'd suggest using the existing securityteam@openoffice.org for this purpose
of "B", because it's already well known, and uses the openoffice.org domain (which will be
hosted by the ASF in the future). The Apache-specific list would be the existing ooo-security@incubator.apache.org
list, which would be open only to ASF committers that the Apache OpenOffice PPMC approves.

Exactly what I was proposing, +1.

S.