incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Staging For Apache Hosted OpenOffice.org Website
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2011 17:32:16 GMT

On Oct 29, 2011, at 9:55 AM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 9:26 AM, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> --- On Sat, 10/29/11, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

>>> to work on the Apache hosted version of openoffice.org.
>>>>

>>> Are you saying that the production site at openoffice.org
>>> is now fed from these SVN files?  Or is it just at
>>> ooo-site.apache.org?
>>

> Are they actually running kenai on the backend of the site?

No, this is Apache CMS and skeleton.html is almost the same as the podling's site.

The skeleton.html is here: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk/templates/skeleton.html

Changing the skeleton is a heavy operation as every page gets updated on commit. This is why
I recommend local work for that part.

> Most of the Oracle logo where done from the Kenai template.

ooo-site.apache.org is the staging site on Apache infrastructure for us to make changes to
openoffice.org before we switch www.openoffice.org to point to ooo-site.apache.org.

When we are satisfied that ooo-site is good and has proper headers., footers and logos we
can make the transition.

Think of ooo-site.a.o being like ooo-forums.a.o and ooo-wiki.a.o.

ooo-site is done using the Apache CMS, it is editable just like the podling's site.

It is time for the us to modify the whole contributing.openoffice.org to AOOo policy.

See - http://ooo-site.apache.org/contributing/

This is in svn at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/contributing/.

You can also use the CMS Bookmarklet to edit.
.

>> Just ooo-site (openoffice.org still carries the Oracle logo).
>>
>> It looks pretty good Dave!
>>
>> Hmm.. we have to start adding Apache to everything
>> OpenOffice.org, including the logo.

That is a question that I have asked trademarks@a.o.

Note that subversion was not required to have Apache in their logo on http://subversion.apache.org/.

Regards,