incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Solve SVG visualization without cairo and librsvg
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 17:33:16 GMT
Hi Armin,

Sorry for the delayed response. I'm more a project manager than coder these days. I have a
more overall than detailed view. There is a lot of value in the Java2D approach - it can provide
a gateway to a large number of output formats.

On Oct 6, 2011, at 1:52 AM, Armin Le Grand wrote:

> 	Hi Dave,
>
> On 05.10.2011 18:05, Dave Fisher wrote:
>>
>> On Oct 4, 2011, at 2:57 AM, Armin Le Grand wrote:
>>
>>> On 27.09.2011 10:18, Armin Le Grand wrote:
>>> - still an external renderer, screen and all outputs would use a bitmap visualization
>>
>> Yes, it is still external, but it seems to support SVG->  EPS and PDF.
>
> ...by using the bitmap from the external renderer as Bitmap action, unfortunately (AFAIK).

>>> I will spend another week and see how I can progress. If I will not be able to
advance with the necessary speed, I will probably fallback to (b).

>> In Apache POI we've had success writing Java2D engines that output PPT, PPTX, and
Microsoft's "Escher" drawing layers.

> I looked but could not find something about SVG. Since I'm pretty interested, could you
please give some more data? Maybe a link into the repository where SVG gets involved?

Actually I should have written "Using Apache POI" instead of "in Apache POI". Producing SVG
is currently on our project list at work and I would like for Yegor to go into some detail
about Java2D engine architecture.

This may be AOOo 4.0 track work ...

Regards,
Dave