incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <>
Subject Re: Disposition of *.services.oo.o
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 19:22:34 GMT

On Oct 21, 2011, at 11:54 AM, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 2:35 PM, Dave Fisher <> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> I had a conversation with Andrew Rist this morning. Here is what I have found out
about what will happen in one week.
>> (1) Forums and Mediawiki will be cloned and moved to Apache Infrastructure on top
of the work that TerryE and the Apache Infra team accomplished. Andrew, Gavin and TJ will
be doing the heavy lifting starting with some practice conversions.
>> Does Apache Infra plan to change dns resolution of and
to point to the ooo-forum.a.o and ooo-wiki.a.o domain names as of this transition?
>> (2) goes away this needs attention. This is the major unknown.
>> We do have a version of this page in the website migration. It is rather clean. I
think the page handles a missing mirror brain, but I don't know if it handles it well. The
version that was cleaned up is in the AOOo project svn in ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/download/.
>> (3) and are hosted at OSUOSL and
will be retained. They still need work on Drupal upgrades, the OSUOSL admins have turned their
noisy Nagios checks off and we have to report outages to ourselves. They
are usually responsive by the business day AM in US Pacific Time Zone.
>> (4) All other *.services.oo.o are going away. If any of these are important to you
please recall that Andrew Rist has mentioned that he does have a backup of everything. Please
contact him about other services, if you would like to resurrect them.
>> (5) Some consideration will need to be made about changes needed to the Kenai based due to the services change.
> What is an example of a Kenai consideration?  Is the issue broken
> links?  Or is there some other connection between Kenai and
> *.services.oo.o we need to look at?

Only if we want or need to change any pages to indicate that there are changes. Specifically
I am concerned about downloads.oo.o which uses

>> These topics can't wait, but I don't have any more bandwidth for AOOo until Sunday
night or Monday.
>> Regards,
>> Dave

View raw message