incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Status of migration of OOo domains?
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 22:51:46 GMT
On Oct 11, 2011, at 2:46 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> Shane, just to clarify a bit.  As far as I know, the PPMC does not have the
> keys, as it were, to the live OpenOffice.org site.  Apparently someone does,
> and some touch ups are made, but it is all sort of behind the scenes and, um,
> not very transparent, especially since there is no archive or repository that
> the PPMC has visibility into.

Marcus is the only one I know of who has made changes to the existing OOo websites. I don't
know if he has access to the site template.

If Apache Infra makes progress on the JIRA issues I mentioned then I think that we can gain
traction on moving the openoffice.org static website very soon. I'll flesh out a proposal
on the CWiki in the next few days based on the various content we have accumulated.

> However, there does need to be some lofting around what is a roadmap here, and
> how does the existing live site be staged (and users informed) for transition
> of the properties under OpenOffice.org.
>
> I'm thinking on it.  I am trusting that others with their hands on the knobs
> and dials will also speak up on what they can do by way of preparation for
> staging, and then staging.

One of the JIRA issues was for a staging server for www.openoffice.org. If that is present
MANY hands are enabled as the Apache CMS will work directly on the site.

Regards,
Dave