incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Staging OOo Site: Bugs and Improvements
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2011 21:26:16 GMT
Hi Hirano,

On Oct 31, 2011, at 2:05 PM, Kazunari Hirano wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> http://ooo-site.apache.org/ja/

The import from Kenai was incomplete. I am in process with the re-import and plan to finish
this evening after work.

> http://ja.openoffice.org/
>
> They looks different :)
> Will this be fixed?

Yes, and, no.

Yes. the content will be the same. Index page links will work, but I cannot guarantee that
all pages will be perfect. It really depends on how the internal links URLs are written. Hopefully
you will enable to fix.

ooo-site will follow Apache branding.

ja.openoffice.org remains on Kenai until the project decides we are ready to move over.

I am not yet sure about exactly what will happen to ja.openoffice.org urls after the move.
It may be that ja.openoffice.org/foo will be redirected to www.openoffice.org/ja/foo

It may be that the browser language is detected and then given www.oo.o/LANG if it exists
otherwise www.oo.o. This may not be a good idea as I've seen examples of NL sites that refer
to www.oo.o directly.