incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Staging For Apache Hosted OpenOffice.org Website
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2011 21:02:54 GMT

On Oct 31, 2011, at 1:16 PM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>> On Oct 31, 2011, at 11:53 AM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:

>> JA

>> developer
>>>>

>>> We had some code under CollabNet that restulted a mess under Kenai, I
>>> wonder how wil it work on Apache CMS since all our AJAX httpRequests were
>>> affected by the header and footer and screw up our feed when trying to
>>> import it.
>>>
>>> Is there a solution under the Apache CMS on how to handle AJAX sites and
>>> template management?
>>
>> (1) You can certainly do all of the javascript replacing dom elements
>> tricks ala google friend connect, download.openoffice.org.
>>
>> (2) There is a cgi-bin directory in the svn tree. You might give it a try
>> and see if that fits your use case.
>>
>> See http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html for an architectural discussion.
>> It is mostly a static system serving upwards of 10 million hits a day.
>>
>> What is it that you are trying to do?
>>

> we are serving content from a JS call. Issue is this content gets treated
> like a page and it makes the header and footer of the regular pages being
> inserted into the content snippet. This results on a very broken page.Thi
> sis not entirely ajax but we are using httprequest on some static and
> modular content.

Does this content have an html suffix?

If the files don't then it should work!

If they are html then we can find a way to distinguish these "no wrap" pages from normal *.html
files.

If we can use a different filename pattern then the adjustment is in lib/path.pm and lib/view.pm.

If we must use a "no wrapping" macro then we adjust lib/view.pm's html_page to detect the
macro and then simple pass through the already wrapped content.

Which way do you think?

Regards,
Dave