incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: OOo site favicon
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 02:23:01 GMT

On Oct 13, 2011, at 7:13 PM, Shane Curcuru wrote:

> On 10/13/2011 9:56 PM, NoOp wrote:
>> Why is the favicon for http://www.openoffice.org/ using a Kenai favicon
>> rather than an official OOo/AOOo favicon?
>
> Because most content for the openoffice.org domain is still being hosted on Oracle-owned
servers to which the Apache OOo PPMC has limited access to change content.  Oracle has legally
agreed to transfer the domain names and a number of brand elements, but the actual technical
details of transferring the domain name hosting are still being worked out.

> Once the primary websites there are hosted on ASF servers, we will of course be using
Apache branding for the favicon, along with a wide variety of other branding changes to reflect
OOo's new Apache heritage.

> - Shane
>
> P.S. Hmmm, does anyone have plans for an AOOo favicon, or does the PPMC just want to
use the feather to start with?

I have the OOo favicon that this guy refers to ready to go for www.openoffice.org.

http://people.apache.org/~wave/content/favicon.ico

If the Branding team once it assembles wants to do otherwise then no troubles, it's all in
svn.

Regards,
Dave