incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Shutting down legacy OOo mailing lists
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 18:19:24 GMT

On Oct 19, 2011, at 11:00 AM, John Boyle wrote:

<snipping out the detail>

> To the developers: What" wiki" are you talking about?

I believe the project's planning wiki - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Wiki+Home

I'm not sure what the page name will be.

> I guess I have missed some e-mails, but I do object to having the current mailing lists
removed, as it does not make any sense to do so!:-(

One issue which is effecting this choice is if the AOOo community can legally transfer the
existing OOo ML membership from Oracle hosted servers to the ASF. If all users are required
to signup on a new list even if it remains an @openoffice.org ML then the pain is the same
for all users.

Also, OOo has well over 100 Mailing Lists. It takes volunteer resources to moderate each ML.

We are very interested in the opinions of the whole OOo community. Do you have particular
Mailing Lists that you use and wish to continue using?

Regards,
Dave