incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Migration Status Page
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2011 17:39:32 GMT
Hi,

I think that we should update URL column with changed URLs when appropriate.

The new URL could be placed two rows below the old URL. It some cases this will be an interim
URL. One example is:

On Oct 24, 2011, at 10:16 AM, drew wrote:

> On Mon, 2011-10-24 at 12:55 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 12:46 PM, Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie> wrote:

>>> I suggest unknown should mean "not yet decided"; admittedly, if
>>> it is difficult to decide, "abandon" is probably a very strong
>>> option.
>>>

>> My point is that abandonment does not require an explicit decision by
>> this project.  It is what will happen by default if there is no
>> proactive effort for a given service.
>
> Good point

I've been told that backups of everything exist and can be accessed by contacting Andrew Rist.

I've updated the website, extensions and templates rows.

I reported the current outage with extension and templates. There is a link on the migration
page.

> Installed OO.o (the last 3.4 binary from OO.o) to a fresh machine and
> three things that perhaps should be on the migration page
>
> - Asked me to register
> - Asked if I wanted to check for updates
> - Asked on second start if I wanted opt in to usage information tracking
>
> so should those go onto that page, [likely I missed the discussion, so
> sorry if this has been covered already] if so I can add them.

Sure, what are the service urls? What is the consequence to a user if these are not accessible?

(I've already seen plenty of reports on the users MLs that update checking has been known
to fail for quite awhile.)

Regards,
Dave