incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <>
Subject Re: Vulnerability fixed in LibreOffice
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 12:24:23 GMT

On 10 Oct 2011, at 12:45, Rob Weir wrote:

> No objections if you want to start a separate invitation-only security
> discussion list.  It would probably get some use.  But we'll continue
> to ask for security reports to come to ooo-security.i.a.o.

We appeared to reach consensus[1] on this issue in your absence, Rob, you may have missed
the e-mails. The view that was expressed was we should avoid conflating

A:  AOOo's internal security processing, which is naturally and correctly a private matter
for the PPMC, and
B:  Good-faith collaboration among the legacy StarOffice ecosystem and the security-focussed
developers therein on a private list open to anyone with a proven record of developing in
legacy StarOffice codebases.

To facilitate (B), Shane proposed[2] we maintain if at all possible.
If that's not possible for some reason, Michael has suggested[3] a list at

Since Shane's proposal on October 6 no-one has spoken against it; should we consider you to
be doing so?

View raw message