incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: Vulnerability fixed in LibreOffice
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 12:24:23 GMT

On 10 Oct 2011, at 12:45, Rob Weir wrote:

> No objections if you want to start a separate invitation-only security
> discussion list.  It would probably get some use.  But we'll continue
> to ask for security reports to come to ooo-security.i.a.o.

We appeared to reach consensus[1] on this issue in your absence, Rob, you may have missed
the e-mails. The view that was expressed was we should avoid conflating

A:  AOOo's internal security processing, which is naturally and correctly a private matter
for the PPMC, and
B:  Good-faith collaboration among the legacy StarOffice ecosystem and the security-focussed
developers therein on a private list open to anyone with a proven record of developing in
legacy StarOffice codebases.

To facilitate (B), Shane proposed[2] we maintain securityteam@openoffice.org if at all possible.
If that's not possible for some reason, Michael has suggested[3] a list at freedesktop.org.

Since Shane's proposal on October 6 no-one has spoken against it; should we consider you to
be doing so?

S.

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/201110.mbox/%3CCAKQbXgBa+MOSbASgiDGFTB7+z8gpGS38Yx0-itMOf3=QhFG0FA@mail.gmail.com%3E
[2] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/201110.mbox/%3C4E8DC442.7090602@shanecurcuru.org%3E