incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: Vulnerability fixed in LibreOffice
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 13:51:27 GMT

On 10 Oct 2011, at 14:31, Rob Weir wrote:

> This are not mutually exclusive options, Simon.

And I have very clearly never argued for an exclusive arrangement, Rob. It's you that has,
even if now you are attempting to back away from that position and blame others.

Back to the actual issue:

* for (A), AOOo clearly needs a private security list. We all agree.
* for (B), the legacy StarOffice ecosystem clearly needs a shared private security list. Seems
we all agree on that too.

The former apparently exists. All that's left is to actually agree to a technical arrangement
that works for the latter. There are two proposals on the table. Given the tendency of some
to confuse community collaboration with Apache project work, I actually think the idea of
a list at freedesktop.org for (B) makes most sense.

How about StarSec-Collab@lists.freedesktop.org (named so that there's clearly no single project
"owning" it).

S.