incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: Staging OOo Site: Bugs and Improvements
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2011 23:47:30 GMT
On 10/31/2011 18:22, Dave Fisher wrote:

> On Oct 31, 2011, at 3:15 PM, TJ Frazier wrote:
>
>> Hi, Dennis,
>>
>> On 10/31/2011 16:13, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote: <snip>
>>> Yes, I am subscribed to ooo-commits.  Unfortunately, the CWiki
>>> commits don't come over as diffs but as complete text before and
>>> after.  So I rarely read them.  For me, all they serve as is a
>>> reminder to go to the CWiki page and find out what really
>>> happened.  I find ooo-issues much easier to handle.
>>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> This is a matter of how you set your preferences in Cwiki. You have
>> to allow delivery of notices in HTML, because the diffs come in
>> color, just like what you see on the Cwiki when you click, "view
>> changes". I'm getting both diff and full-text at the moment, which
>> is very handy: if I need to see the change in full context, I can
>> look at the second message, otherwise not. --/tj/
>
> That is true. Unfortunately according to this[1] it is against ASF
> Policy. One of the motivations for the Apache CMS was how poorly
> Confluence  performs. [2]
>
> Regards, Dave
>
> [1]
> https://cwiki.apache.org/CWIKI/#Index-Postingemailalertstoamailinglist
>
>[2] http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html#confluence-limitations

Hi, Dave,

Thanks for the fascinating links. I expect to be making a lot of use of
Apache CMS: to my proof-reader's eye, many of the ASF pages look
somewhat shabby and neglected. One example is the penultimate sentence
in http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html#build

My bad: since the discussion was in the context of coo-commits, I should
have made it clear that I was talking about watch-list messages, sent
straight to the watcher.

(I find the general ban on HTML obnoxious, though I understand at least
some of the rationale. I am absolutely /lost/ without my /stress
italics./ :-) )

--
/tj/