incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [proposal] Neutral / shared security list ...
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2011 06:25:56 GMT
On 10/26/11 5:45 PM, Andre Schnabel wrote:

> My gut feeling is, that we should skip this discussion for a while. At almost
> all the topics we discusss here we come to a kind of emotional and religious
> discussion. So it might be better to take a rest.
>
> For me it is quite hard to identify fields of collaboration, as long as there is
> just one side with substantial contributions. E.g. it is hard to discuss about
> sharing translations,  as long as it unclear how AOOoI will handle translations.
>
> Same about code, we can argue for a very long time if and how there might be
> ways for collaboration - but we will only se if our ideas really work, if there
> is some substantial code at AOOoI.
>
> If I get the apache philosophy right, Apache assumes that contribution from
> "other parties" will be seen, because those other parties aknowledge that
> it is good for them (means it's much easier to include Apache code in their
> producst if they contribute their own changes back). The problem here to me
> seems to be, that there is hardly anything useful in AOOo for LibreOffice
> *at the moment*. This indeed might change sooner or later (and I was pleased
> to her from Jürgen that IBM staff is working hard to achieve that).

perhaps a good first start would be if LO mentioned every single bugfix
or even bigger changes taken from AOO where it comes from. I am sure
that will happen quite soon.

We here at AOO invite every single developer to contribute back under
the Apache license. In the end every single contributor has to decide on
his own ;-) I prefer to work under the give-and-take basis.

Juergen