incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: Draft mailing list notification post
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 23:27:20 GMT
On 25/10/2011 Rob Weir wrote:
> Maybe split this into two emails, and space them a week apart?  So one
> email that is the intro, gives the background on the Incubation, the
> migration effort, etc.  Short and sweet.  They might actually read it.
> Then follow a week later with "As we previously mentioned in our note
> last week....  We're starting the list migration now. To join the new
> list you will need to...."
> Would that be better?

Nice idea. I received one of the notices sent out today (to
[marketing-ooocon-discuss], which is actually more a project-related
list than a marketing-related one, since it's meant for the
OpenOffice.org Conference; but it doesn't matter) and indeed it is quite
long, so if there is no hurry I'd support the two-steps approach.

The link to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/OpenOffice.org+Mig
ration+Status
was split in two lines (by the mailing list management program, I
assume) in the message I received; a short URL will probably work better.

As I said, I'll translate the notice into Italian and take care of
migrating the Italian lists (all 12 of them, not only the 4 that are in
the top 100). I added my name to the wiki page. I'm happy with the plan
to move N-L lists as the last step, since we need a communication
channel open all the time, so I wouldn't touch the lists until the forum
migration is complete.

Regards,
   Andrea.