incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: Bugzilla: can we rename some of the product categories?
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 23:09:44 GMT
On 25/10/2011 Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 10/25/2011 12:58 AM, schrieb Regina Henschel:
>> Rob Weir schrieb:
>>> Would it be possible to bring all the locale-related categories
>>> together, e.g.:
>>> lang-aa
>>> lang-af ...
>>> and so on? ...
>> I would prefer to have one item 'native language' in 'Product' and the
>> language itself in 'Component'. ...
> Maybe the question "Where to put the languages?" is the start for a
> little rework in the BZ structure.

Here the main issue is that bug categories correspond to projects, but
this mapping is awkward when it comes to N-L projects.

The bugzilla categories corresponding to, say, "IT", (the Italian N-L
project) aren't supposed to be used for bug reports about the Italian
localization, since the l10n component is the right one for them (and
the language name is used as tag, like: [IT]: Wrong translation of
"Insert Page Break").

The only proper use for those components is internal case-tracking among
project members, and the large majority of N-L projects surely never
used it this way, or bug reporting about the N-L websites.

So if all these categories were dropped it wouldn't probably be a huge
loss, unless any N-L groups are actively using them. Dropping the "IT"
bug category surely wouldn't harm, we never really used it.

Regards,
   Andrea.