incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Subject Re: Neutral / shared security list ...
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 23:25:08 GMT
Hi,

Andrew Rist wrote on 2011-10-26 00:58:
> I will drop off this thread after this post, as it seems that things are
> working toward a solution.

I indeed hope for a solution soon. Too much time has been wasted
already, rather than working productively, so if we really would move
towards a solution, I'd applaud that.

> I would suggest though that it is rather frustrating to see all of this
> ink and blood spilt over what seems to be a misunderstanding.

Well, if I recall, my initial proposal has been to simply keep things as
is, with the existing list, the contacts on it, and the way things
worked. I was told that this does not fit to the Apache way and does not
work, that separate lists are required and so on and so on. I was
proposing the easiest way in the beginning, it was not desired for some
formal/philosophical/whatever reason.

I tried again this time with proposing a neutral, trustworthy
third-party to host things, hoping this will be accepted by all parties.
Let's see how this turns out.

Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108