incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Rist <andrew.r...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Neutral / shared security list ...
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 22:58:40 GMT
I will drop off this thread after this post, as it seems that things are
working toward a solution.
I would suggest though that it is rather frustrating to see all of this
ink and blood spilt over what seems to be a misunderstanding.
--continued inline --

On 10/25/2011 3:40 PM, Florian Effenberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Andrew Rist wrote on 2011-10-26 00:34:
>> I do not understand why this is easier than continuing on the existing
>> list.
>
> when I asked that last time, I heard various replies:
>
> - You need to be an iCLA signer to be on that list.
You don't - you never have.  This list has been in existence for several
years, and this has not changed.

> - You need to be an Apache contributor to be on that list.
You don't - you never have.  This list has been in existence for several
years, and this has not changed.

> - We have no administrative access to that list.
This had not been an issue to date - it seems that this is solvable, and
a way to create trust between the communities.

I'll add another issue that has been thrown out
   - people getting thrown off the list or excluded
This also has not happened.

Thus,
it is a bit frustrating to listen to this conversation and the search
for a cure to a problem that may not have actually ever existed.
</rant>
Andrew

--

Andrew Rist | Interoperability Architect
OracleCorporate Architecture Group