incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Subject Re: Neutral / shared security list ...
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 21:34:06 GMT
Hello Ian,

Ian Lynch wrote on 2011-10-25 19:18:
> Well babies are usually made from love and tenderness (unless it's a
> mistake) and I don't see too much of that in this approach. At least to get
> started why not do it on a neutral list? Florian has made a perfectly
> reasonable case for it. Is that so much to give up just to get something
> going? In terms of baby making I'd say we need some serious marriage
> guidance before even talking about getting in bed together never mind
> wrapping anything in latex.

thank you for being reasonable and seeing what my proposal intends --
really, that's truly appreciated.

Seeing all those proposals coming in -- no list at all, everyone
forwards to each other etc. -- simply makes no sense. It creates
overhead, it makes things slow, and that just for the sake of not
agreeing to a simple proposal, it feels.

To sum up my proposal again: If we are on neutral grounds, nobody loses
anything, but we all can win. It is not about telling any entity is not
trustworthy enough -- it simply is the easiest solution for a topic that
has been cooking for weeks now.

The easiest solution -- and anyone with common sense should agree -- is
to have a shared list on neutral grounds. Not involving ASF, AOOo,
TeamOOo, neither TDF, LibO, FrODeV.

That is fair to anyone, does not exclude anyone, does not benefit one
over the other -- it's easy, simple, and the best way to go. Sure,
everyone can create own aliases pointing to that list, but the core is
the same, and that's what matters.

If you folks now start complaining about we don't trust Apache, we can
answer by complaining you don't trust TDF and so on. It's a horrible
waste of time, it's lame, it does not help anyone, and it makes me doubt
we're talking amongst adults, seriously.

And, really, all this crap being tossed around about trustworthiness,
upstream, downstream, code similarities and insults is worth not even
the digital paper it's written on.

I made a simple, plain, and easy proposal. Don't make things overly
complicated, folks.

Thanks for considering,
Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108