incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Subject Re: Neutral / shared security list ...
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 16:46:34 GMT
Hi,

Rob Weir wrote on 2011-10-25 18:38:
> I believe it is a bad pattern to establish for collaboration.  We need
> to recognize that TDf/LO exists as a project, and AOOo exists as a
> project.  Once we acknowledge this then it logically follows that
> collaboration will occur between these two projects.  Do we create a
> new mailing list or website, or wiki or whatever, every time we want
> to collaborate?  Is that what we really want to start doing?  If we
> want to coordinate on maintaining a module, we can't do it at Apache?
> If we want to share translation strings, we can't do it at TDF?  If we
> want to share anything, we need to create and maintain an entirely new
> infrastructure for it?  Sorry, that does not make sense.

answering questions with other questions does not make sense.

Again, given the history of this topic, I think neutral grounds make
sense. I made a proposal, and so far I have not heard any compelling
reason why this proposal is wrong.

And I doubt you will name me one, because there is none.

Out for today, doing things that make sense.

Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108