incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Subject Re: Neutral / shared security list ...
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 16:32:18 GMT
Hi,

Rob Weir wrote on 2011-10-25 18:26:
> It is mind boggling that we're having a discussion about an important
> topic -- how we handle security vulnerabilities -- and the discussion
> is being led based entirely on non-security considerations, without
> hardly a mention of users, and instead dwelling on one party's
> paranoia.  This does not make sense.

if you want, I can perfectly write you paragraphs about why TDF, why
FrODeV or why any other entity is trustworthy and/or neutral. Again,
this doesn't lead to anywhere in this case.

Name me one argument that speaks against my proposal, other than
personal feelings. Otherwise I'm not wasting my time anymore with
discussing that topic here, it really leads to nowhere.

I made a proposal on how to have neutral grounds, and if all parties are
involved, trust should be given as well. Users will benefit. Everyone
happy. Easy, isn't it?

Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108