incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Effenberger <flo...@documentfoundation.org>
Subject Re: Neutral / shared security list ...
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 15:56:29 GMT
Hello,

it is really amazing how much hot air can be produced for such a topic.

Folks, it's rather easy. After the recent discussions and the history of
this topic, it becomes obvious, that neutral grounds are important.

Neutral grounds mean:
- no domain name related to Apache, OOo, TDF or LibO
- no hosting at one of these entities
- members of the list from both parties (and of course other third
parties that make sense)
- admins of the list from both parties

I'd also avoid any of the German associations, either directly or via
donations, since stakeholders at both projects are in their respective
boards, which might raise concerns towards neutrality.

What's so complicated to understand here? We can bury ourselves with
senselessly quoting bullshit from dictionaries, wikipedia or a
philospher of our choice, or finally start working on things.

A concrete proposal:
- We can use either FreeDesktop.org,
- or in case this is seen as non-neutral as it hosts also a few TDF
lists (not all), go for SourceForge.
- I am also happy to ask a friend of mine who is in the business of mail
server consultancy, to host that list under a neutral domain name. He
hosts various lists for free projects. In case that's not neutral enough
as he's a friend, I know none of the admins at SourceForge.

So, is there any *compelling* reason not to try out one of these three
options?

Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108