incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Bert Frees <bertfr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: odt2braille on the Mac
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 15:17:59 GMT
Hi Alexandro,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Something I didn't mention yet is that I need an interface that can send
raw data (a byte stream) to a printer driver. The problem with braille
printers is that they're very different from normal ink printers. A
braille printer is more like an old dotmatrix or impact printer, and is
controlled with special escape sequences and codes that define where a
braille dot has to be placed on the paper.

Is it possible to send raw data to a printer using this API?

Best,
Bert