incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: FAQ on patch contributions
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 14:52:07 GMT
Excellent stuff, and definitely needed.

On 10/25/2011 10:44 AM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 10/25/2011 04:31 PM, schrieb Pedro Giffuni:
>>

>> --- On Tue, 10/25/11, Rob Weir<robweir@apache.org> wrote:
...snip...
>>> 2) Do we have a strong preference for whether patches are
>>> submitted to
>>> the ooo-dev list or via Bugzilla? Or are both
>>> acceptable?
>>>

>> Both are acceptable and are covered by clause 5 of the
>> AL2. I personally prefer bugzilla because the list
>> sometimes filters patches.
>
> +1
>
> IMHO BZ seems to be the more logical part to "host" patches. Even when
> knowing the famous sentence "If it doesn't happen on the list, ...". ;-)
>
> When the Dev would write a short mail to the list with a link to the BZ
> issue, it would be perfect.

+1 for encouraging Bugzilla patches, since once the project is
comfortable with the BZ categories, etc. it's easier to track items.

See Also: ooo-issues@incubator.apache.org, which is a publicly archived
mailing list that all BZ status changes are mirrored to - very helpful
if folks want to track bugs.  Some projects have that stuff come to the
dev@ list, but here it's a separate issues@ list.

Archives are at both:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-issues/

http://ooo.markmail.org/search/bugzilla+list:org%2Eapache%2Eincubator%2Eooo-issues