incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Bugzilla: can we rename some of the product categories?
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2011 22:58:09 GMT
Hi Rob,

Rob Weir schrieb:
> Currently, when you enter a new bug you are given an alphabetical list
> of "products", starting with:
>
> aa:  	Afar Language Project: Work in and on the Afar language
> af:  	Afrikaans Language Project--Support, discussions, development of
> Afrikaans localization in Afrikaans
> am:  	Discussions and work in Amharic
> api:  	This is the application programming interface.
> ar:  	Arabic native language discussions and material in the native language
> ast:  	Asturian Language Project: Work in Asturian
> az:  	Azeri native language discussions and material in the native language
> bal:  	Balochi Language Project: work on Balochi in Balochi
> bg:  	Bulgarian language information, resources, discussions,
> documentation, localization.
>
> and so on.
>
> See:  https://issues.apache.org/ooo/enter_bug.cgi
>
> A flat list of 200+ categories like this, with no structure, and with
> many of the items being rather obscure, makes the UI very hard to use.
>
> Would it be possible to bring all the locale-related categories together, e.g.:
>
> lang-aa
> lang-af
> lang-am
> lang-ar
> lang-ast
> lang-az
> lang-bg
>
> and so on? That way these locale-related issues would be grouped in a
> sort would be easier to find (or ignore) by someone entering a new
> bug.
>
> Or failing that, is there any way to make these be hierarchical?

 From HTML you can group the entries using an <optgroup> element, see
the 'Product:' list in attached file (without style). But I have no
knowledge about Bugzilla.

I would prefer to have one item 'native language' in 'Product' and the
language itself in 'Component'. The same for all entries, which are not
for users, one item 'delveloper' or 'contributer' and the specific topic
in 'Component'.

Kind regards
Regina