incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From David McKay <dmc...@btconnect.com>
Subject Re: Bugzilla: can we rename some of the product categories?
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2011 22:26:33 GMT

On 24/10/11 22:58, Rob Weir wrote:
> Currently, when you enter a new bug you are given an alphabetical list
> of "products", starting with:
>
> aa:  	Afar Language Project: Work in and on the Afar language
> af:  	Afrikaans Language Project--Support, discussions, development of
> Afrikaans localization in Afrikaans
> am:  	Discussions and work in Amharic
> api:  	This is the application programming interface.
> ar:  	Arabic native language discussions and material in the native language
> ast:  	Asturian Language Project: Work in Asturian
> az:  	Azeri native language discussions and material in the native language
> bal:  	Balochi Language Project: work on Balochi in Balochi
> bg:  	Bulgarian language information, resources, discussions,
> documentation, localization.
>
> and so on.
>
> See:  https://issues.apache.org/ooo/enter_bug.cgi
>
> A flat list of 200+ categories like this, with no structure, and with
> many of the items being rather obscure, makes the UI very hard to use.
>
> Would it be possible to bring all the locale-related categories together, e.g.:
>
> lang-aa
> lang-af
> lang-am
> lang-ar
> lang-ast
> lang-az
> lang-bg
>
> and so on? That way these locale-related issues would be grouped in a
> sort would be easier to find (or ignore) by someone entering a new
> bug.
>
> Or failing that, is there any way to make these be hierarchical?
>
> -Rob

Or as a minimum we could move the big, easily recognisable items
(Wordprocessor, Presentation, Spreadsheet, etc) tot he top of the page?

As I mentioned elsewhere, one of the things I do as part of my day job
is to be the admin on our company  Bugzilla instance. I'd be happy to
step up and see what I can take on-board out of the BZ tasks that we
face here.

Dave.