incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: Migration Status Page
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2011 18:08:03 GMT
On 10/24/2011 13:42, Dave Fisher wrote:

> On Oct 24, 2011, at 10:39 AM, Dave Fisher wrote:
>
>> I reported the current outage with extension and templates. There is a link on the
migration page.

> These are already back in service, it took less than 20 minutes once OSUOSL received
the request.

> THANKS!
>
> Regards,
> Dave

Dave,

FYI, there is apparently a bug in 3.3 (and earlier?) which is
contributing to beating on that server. It seems that OO.o checks for
extension updates every time it's loaded. with Quickstarter, that's once
per re-boot; without it, every time a "first" document is opened. AFAIK,
the Extension Manager was paying no attention to the schedule setting
for product-update checking, as set on the Options page.

In 3.4 Beta, I don't see this :-) but I do see a crash. :-(
That suggests that some work was done in this area, which introduced a
bug. At least for me, writing a good issue is hard, and takes time. I
will file one on this eventually.
--
/tj/