incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: Disposition of *.services.oo.o
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2011 21:44:16 GMT
<snip>

>>> Dave,
>>>
>>> I want to be very sure about this, because I can and will post the
>>> notices
>> on
>>> the live wiki ...

>>> found out about what will happen in one week.

>>> Infrastructure on top of the work that TerryE and the Apache Infra team
>>> accomplished. Andrew, Gavin and TJ will be doing the heavy lifting
>> starting
>>> with some practice conversions.
>>>>
>>> I read this to mean that Infra has devised a way to support the live MW
>> wiki
>>> satisfactorily. YEA!! from me, too. Well done, guys. I will post the
>> outage
>>> notices Kay recommends as soon as I can, after confirmation.

Okay, some notices are up. Not very pretty, and not as universal as I'd
like, but they're *there*. See [1].

The message says:
HURRAH!!    We're moving! [in white, on red background]

Please expect temporary outages.

See Moving Day for the latest news.
_________

"Moving Day" (linked) says:
<quote>
Latest news

12:25, 22 October 2011 (UTC) Expect outages starting next Friday night
or Saturday morning (Oct 28/29, 2011 UTC).

Expected changes

12:25, 22 October 2011 (UTC) Probably none. Accounts and addresses
should work as they always did. All data will be preserved.

Known problems (technical)

12:25, 22 October 2011 (UTC) Due to a version fall-back of the DPL
extension, the DPL commands are less capable and more fussy (they do not
tolerate CSS inside a template call). I will revise the affected
templates, and any other uses I find (or you point out!).

Background

Feel free to ask questions on the Talk:Moving_Day page: other users
probably have the same questions you do.

As part of the transfer of OpenOffice.org from Oracle/Kenai to the
Apache Software Foundation, this wiki is being re-hosted on Apache
servers. This requires some service outage (as brief as we can manage)
while the wiki is dumped and reloaded, and addresses are redirected.
</quote>

Suggestions and improvements welcome. Or change it yourself: it's a wiki.

[1] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Main_Page

--
/tj/

T. J. Frazier