incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From TJ Frazier <>
Subject Re: Disposition of *.services.oo.o
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2011 21:44:16 GMT

>>> Dave,
>>> I want to be very sure about this, because I can and will post the
>>> notices
>> on
>>> the live wiki ...
>>> found out about what will happen in one week.
>>> Infrastructure on top of the work that TerryE and the Apache Infra team
>>> accomplished. Andrew, Gavin and TJ will be doing the heavy lifting
>> starting
>>> with some practice conversions.
>>> I read this to mean that Infra has devised a way to support the live MW
>> wiki
>>> satisfactorily. YEA!! from me, too. Well done, guys. I will post the
>> outage
>>> notices Kay recommends as soon as I can, after confirmation.
Okay, some notices are up. Not very pretty, and not as universal as I'd
like, but they're *there*. See [1].

The message says:
HURRAH!!    We're moving! [in white, on red background]

Please expect temporary outages.

See Moving Day for the latest news.

"Moving Day" (linked) says:
Latest news

12:25, 22 October 2011 (UTC) Expect outages starting next Friday night
or Saturday morning (Oct 28/29, 2011 UTC).

Expected changes

12:25, 22 October 2011 (UTC) Probably none. Accounts and addresses
should work as they always did. All data will be preserved.

Known problems (technical)

12:25, 22 October 2011 (UTC) Due to a version fall-back of the DPL
extension, the DPL commands are less capable and more fussy (they do not
tolerate CSS inside a template call). I will revise the affected
templates, and any other uses I find (or you point out!).

Feel free to ask questions on the Talk:Moving_Day page: other users
probably have the same questions you do.

As part of the transfer of from Oracle/Kenai to the
Apache Software Foundation, this wiki is being re-hosted on Apache
servers. This requires some service outage (as brief as we can manage)
while the wiki is dumped and reloaded, and addresses are redirected.

Suggestions and improvements welcome. Or change it yourself: it's a wiki.

T. J. Frazier
Melbourne, FL

(TJFrazier on OO.o)

View raw message