incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Python and other scripting framework
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2011 12:46:30 GMT
Am 20.10.2011 17:47, schrieb Alexandro Colorado:

> Wonder what is the future of the UNO scripting framework since there are
> many languages with different languages like Python, Beanshell and other
> scriptings that OOo ships. OOo builds have a full Python 2.6 version and
> also IDE like Rhino and other applications that are stringly attached to the
> OpenOffice.org core.
Python is not related to the Scripting Framework, it has its own UNO
Language Binding. The Scripting Framework adds support for some
scripting languages with an interpreter written in Java.

Besides that I would expect that the future of the Scripting Framework
will be defined by those who will work on it. Until developers show up
for that, it most probably will stay as it is.

Regards,
Mathias