incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Shutdown of the OOo FTP master server
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2011 10:51:34 GMT
Dear mirror admins,

The Apache OpenOffice.org (incubating) project got the information that
server in the *.services.openoffice.org domain will be shutdown in the
very near future.

This means that also the FTP master server
(rsyncmaster.services.openoffice.org) will go away.

Normally there shouldn't be problems or deletions when the rsyc job
fails due to the unreachable host. However, this mail is to notify you.

It would be great if you can still host all available OOo releases even
when they become more and more historic. However, the OOo 3.3 is the
latest stable release that still can be downloaded via the OOo webpage
and the 3.4-Beta shows the new direction.

Within our new home at Apache we are of course planning new releases.
However, the initial work that has to be done first is hugh, so it will
take some time.

If you have any questions please visit our new home at the ASF or write
to our mailing lists:

http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/index.html

Thank you very much for still supporting OpenOffice.org!

Best regards

Marcus