incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Shutting down legacy OOo mailing lists
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2011 09:07:49 GMT
On 22/10/2011 Dave Fisher wrote:
> On Oct 21, 2011, at 5:33 PM, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:
>> I would prefer that I was simply subscribed so
>> that I could do minimal work to make it happen. ...
> Unfortunately we will not be getting any user lists from Oracle so an
> automatic re-subscription is not possible.

This specific problem can easily be circumvented for most lists, since
all project owners have access to the subscriber list for all mailing
lists of their project (including delivery options).

A lot of project owners and moderators are here and I think that also
people at TeamOpenOffice.org could extract subscriber lists from the
Kenai infrastructure if needed.

So the issue is more whether people here think it would be useful or not
to retrieve subscriber lists from Kenai (in doubt, I would retrieve them
and decide later if and when to use them, but as I wrote earlier I
understand that policies can get in the way).

Regards,
   Andrea.