incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: Disposition of *.services.oo.o
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2011 22:17:53 GMT
On 22/10/2011 Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 10/22/2011 02:25 AM, schrieb Dennis E. Hamilton:
>> It is unlikely that historical downloads will be available from the same
>> download location as the Apache OOo podling and Apache OOo TLP
>> releases. At
>> the same time, it is important to preserve the historical downloads.
>> And also
>
> This is already done for one of the largest mirrors. The admin promised
> to presave the current release builds to another location on his mirror.

What about the archive (containing OOo 1.x, 2.x, and earlier 3.x)?

The address is http://archive.services.openoffice.org and, albeit it
resolves very slowly for me, it is still working.

For those not knowing, it is just a round-robin DNS pointing to, I
believe, an Italian server and two German ones and offering a rather
complete history of binary and source releases of OpenOffice.org in many
languages and for many platforms.

Migrating it should be rather easy since everything should be in the DNS
zone configuration, but it must be added to the list of services to be
considered.

Regards,
   Andrea.