incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: How to handle the native language lists?
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2011 10:36:16 GMT

>>> ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
>>> 2. Once created, in ooo-general-oo@incubator.apache.org they will
>>> discuss in their language about additional lists for their language.
>>> 3. They discuss on names of lists etc. then they propose additional
>>> lists for their language like ooo-users-oo@incubator.apache.org,
>>> ooo-translate-oo@incubator.apache.org and more.
>>>
>>> "Let them discuss what they need in their language" the best way, I think.
>>> :)
>
> Yes, but that are decisions in the future, after first AOOo release, and when
> the community is growing ;-)
>

>> Wouldn't this also mean "tell us which MLs you need additionally and we (the PPMC)
will
>> create them."
>
> no, that doesn't mean that at all.

But I've understood it this way. ;-)

>> Finally, this will lead to the same ML structure like in the old OOo project. And
this is the point we want to avoid with a new ML handling, right?

> A user-list at this time is probably uncontroversial and general-list as well,
> Of course, this general ML must have a very strong link to
> ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org.
> Decisions are made only her on  ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org.

A users list for talkings and a general list to discuss development wrt
the specific language (features, localization, etc.) is OK. Everything
else should be well argued.

>> So, I'm OK with creating one new ML for other languages but we should be careful
with creating>  additional ones.

> Yes, we should only create these lists, if we have the moderators, as
> Rob proposed in his first email.
>
> and BTW Marcus, if it should be ONE user-list for pt-br and pt-pt should be
> a decision of the native speakers we have just here with us. ;-)

It wasn't my decsion, just an opinion. So, no problem to create "pt" and
"bt-br" lists if the people wants it.

Marcus