incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From floris v <floris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Acceptance of the OpenOffice.org Proposal
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2011 07:35:46 GMT
Op 22-10-2011 9:24, Christian Grobmeier schreef:
> On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 9:07 AM, floris v<florisv59@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Op 22-10-2011 6:26, Dennis E. Hamilton schreef:
> Peter,
>
>> Heck, I also voted +1, 10/18, but apparently also in the wrong list - VOTE
>> DISCUSS
>> Sorry about that.
>> By the way, as the option +0 wasn't included, that vote is invalid, isn't
>> it?
> No, it is valid.
>
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html
>
> Reason 1: "Votes on procedural issues follow the common format of
> majority rule unless otherwise stated"
> Reason 2: "+0: 'I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with this.'
>
> Therefore you can consider this decision passed and the the forums is
> very much welcome many people! Congratulations!
>
> Cheers
> Christian
I only meant the +0 vote, not the others. In Dutch elections all votes
are invalid that have scribblings on them, even if that'd be something
like "Thank God we have democracy" or more than 1 name ticked. Of
course, such invalid votes don't invalidate the election, they simply
don't count towards the result.
So we have 29 +1 votes, two of them invalid because in the wrong list,
and invalid +0 because that wasn't included in the original set of options.
Cheers,
Peter