incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: Disposition of *.services.oo.o
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 20:31:12 GMT
Dave,

I want to be very sure about this, because I can and will post the
notices on the live wiki ...

On 10/21/2011 14:35, Dave Fisher wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I had a conversation with Andrew Rist this morning. Here is what I have found out about
what will happen in one week.

> (1) Forums and Mediawiki will be cloned and moved to Apache Infrastructure on top of
the work that TerryE and the Apache Infra team accomplished. Andrew, Gavin and TJ will be
doing the heavy lifting starting with some practice conversions.

I read this to mean that Infra has devised a way to support the live MW
wiki satisfactorily. YEA!! from me, too. Well done, guys. I will post
the outage notices Kay recommends as soon as I can, after confirmation.

I have posted a "Salvage Plan" at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Community+Wiki+Services
but this is much better.

> Does Apache Infra plan to change dns resolution of user.services.oo.o and wiki.services.oo.o
to point to the ooo-forum.a.o and ooo-wiki.a.o domain names as of this transition?

> (2) downloads.services.oo.o goes away this needs attention. This is the major unknown.
>
> We do have a version of this page in the website migration. It is rather clean. I think
the page handles a missing mirror brain, but I don't know if it handles it well. The version
that was cleaned up is in the AOOo project svn in ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/download/.

> (3) extensions.services.oo.o and templates.services.oo.o are hosted at OSUOSL and will
be retained. They still need work on Drupal upgrades, the OSUOSL admins have turned their
noisy Nagios checks off and we have to report outages to support@osuosl.org ourselves. They
are usually responsive by the business day AM in US Pacific Time Zone.

> (4) All other *.services.oo.o are going away. If any of these are important to you please
recall that Andrew Rist has mentioned that he does have a backup of everything. Please contact
him about other services, if you would like to resurrect them.